Western Australia

For information relevant to Tiny House living in Western Australia please refer to the items below.

icon circle_truck.png

Road Rules and Vehicle Regulations

Road rules and vehicle regulations define how a tiny house on wheels is registered, size limitations for road transportation and specifications for towing. The Department of Transport is responsible in Western Australia.

icon circle_tools.png

Building Code

Building code defines how a tiny house should be constructed. There is a national body called the Australian Building Code Board (ABCA) that manages the code.

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety is the building administrator in Western Australia.

icon circle_location.png

Planning & Dwelling Rules

Individual councils have jurisdiction to interpret planning rules. Use this link  to find the relevant Council for your proposed  tiny house location. You will need to understand your planning scheme and the regulations that will apply to you.